Friday, October 24, 2008
too busy to think...
So I have been waiting to write a new blog until I can post some pictures with it...but it has been taking a VERY long time for us to get unpacked at the house so I can't download the pictures from my camera, and well, I just can't wait any longer!
Well, we are officially out of the apartment and in the house...now when I say in the house, I mean the only rooms that we can even get into or do anything in are the kitchen, our bedroom and the bathroom. Every other room is stacked to the ceiling in boxes pretty much! It's hard to function in the house as the mess that it is, so I sleep at my Mom and Dad's the majority of the time plus it's where the baby is sleeping 4 days a week anyways, and I like to be where she is!
My work schedule got changed to working 8 hour shifts for 5 days a week from our 10 hour shifts only 4 days a week, and it has thrown me for a loop! It seems like I don't have time to do anything anymore! Working nights is hard enough and this just made it harder! It seems like I always have something else to do on my days off, so I am getting nothing done at the house. My grandma was really sick and in the hospital for 2 weeks so we were going to Idaho Falls every other day to see her and check on my grandpa. My brother is going through a divorce and we've been battling his crazy ex-wife in court and such. My older sister was moving out of her apartment and then had major surgery! And all this combined just drains me! On the days I work I don't feel like doing anything to get the house ready, I just want to be a bum! I feel like we are never going to be all the way in! Well enough about me....
Believe it or NOT -- Amelia got another tooth 2 days ago! That's 7 teeth she has now, and the 8th is trying to creep through! The doctor told us at her last appointment that she has more teeth than a 1 year old! How crazy is that! And she is a biter, I'm not talking nibble on my finger, I'm talking full out get a chunk of your face, hand, arm, shoulder, anything she can get her mouth on and chomp down as hard as she possibly can! I don't know what to do about it, I've been trying the whole "time out" thing, but it's not helping. Any suggestions?
She had her doctor appointment at the beginning of October and she weighed 17 lbs. 11 oz. and was 28 inches long. She's growing so fast, I can hardly keep any clothes on her. I hate putting all her clothes that are too small in the "baby bin", it's hard to let go of that stuff! I'm a big baby myself haha!
We finally chopped off her "mullet"! My sisters had been making fun of it for quite a while, they even nicknamed her Mully (instead of Milly) and I finally caved and cut her hair to the length of the hair under the mullet! It's completely adorable and I will post pics as soon as I can!
She is not crawling yet, but she can push herself backwards! I try getting her up on her knees and she holds herself in the "position" but then just lunges herself forward or just flops down onto her belly. My mom doesn't want her to start crawling because she knows once she is mobile she will be one busy baby!
She has started to be a real ham for the camera! She squints her eyes and smiles real big to show all those teeth in her mouth! It's really cute! She also does it when anyone says "Hi" to her! She can always put a smile on my face!
She has started to show little signs of stranger fright. I didn't think she would because she usually is happy with everyone around, but lately even if the dogs bark she lets out a big of a scared scream. She's really becoming a mama's girl, especially in the mornings. She knows that I will be home at 7 and wakes up just so I can feed her a bottle (at least that's what I tell myself haha). If someone has her and I come into the room she usually starts to boob and wants to come to me, it's really quite adorable! I can't wait til she finally says Mama! She says Dada, but she doesn't know what she's saying, that's okay she will soon! She adores her daddy, and he's so good with her! He's cute with her. If you ask him, he hasn't really gotten the hang of feeding her baby food, but he's really great at it! She loes the airplane and noises that he makes at her!
We are FINALLY heading to Pennsylvania with her! December 23 we will arrive and all of Jason's family, minus 5 people, will meet her for the first time! We are so excited! I love visiting there. We are excited to be spending her first Christmas with Grandpap and Grandma Goretsky! It's going to be so fun! We are going to a Steelers game and Grandma Goretsky is thrilled to be babysitting for the day! I'm sure that won't be the only day, I have a feeling they will kick us out just so that they can babysit! We get to stay for about 9 days!
Turns out I had a lot more to say then I intended to, so I'm going to stop blabbing now! Pictures will be added as soon as I can get them off my camera! Buh bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jenny! I'm glad you found my blog! Now we can try to keep in touch better, Your pictures are so cute. Your trip to Pennsylvania sounds fun - the football game will be awesome. talk to ya soon.
How old is Amelia? I'm in love with my new baby, and I think it's great how little things that you never normally think about become so cute because they do them. Sounds like you've got an over-load on stress, but I'm sure (eventually) things will calm down and you'll be able to focus on home life. I, personally, did not like working 4/10s because you feel like most of your week is dedicated to work, and then you get home for three days--finally getting used to be there--and then get ripped by to work. I think people should get paid double the money and only have to work for four hours a day. I'm convinced they'd get better results :)
Post a Comment