Instead of venting on my blog and telling the world how angry I really am with the whole turnout of the election, I've opted just to put a blurb of John McCain's speech in my blog today. His speech moved me last night and really showed us all what a truly great man he is, not only in his professional life, but in his personal life as well. I've adored John McCain for a long time, and I am absolutely saddened that this man that I look up to soo much will not be my next President. I hope that the majority of America has not made a damning choice for the rest of us. I hope one day I can be as strong of a person as John McCain is. I hope you get out of this excerpt what I have. Enjoy!
"Tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Senator Obama, I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president.
And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties but to believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.
Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history, we make history."
No comments:
Post a Comment