It's amazing how fast Amelia's been growing up! I can hardly believe the things she's able to do now! Sometimes I miss my little 10 pound sack of potatoes, who is now 24 pounds or so. Carrying her around in the carseat is a real treat!
She's not walking yet, but she can pull herself up really well and "cruise" along the couch or leg or whatever is available for her to walk along! She got a stroller/walker for Christmas and she can walk with it, but once it starts rolling too fast she falls on her face so someone has to walk with her.
She absolutely LOVES books! She can play with books all day long and loves when she is read too. She loses interest pretty fast, so 2 is about the limit. She carries books around with her all over our house and Nana's house when she gets ahold of them!
We got 2 new cats and she absolutely loves them! She pulls on them and gives them hugs and kisses and suprisingly enough they let her do it! She's been scratched a few times by my mom's cats, but for the most part they all get along with her.
Amelia loves giving kisses and hugs! Hugger-buggers are the best cause she squeezes so tight! She will give kisses with an open mouth, and if for some reason she won't kiss someone, they just come and pretent to kiss me and she will automatically give them a big kiss. She thinks it's so cool to watch Mommy and Daddy kiss and then give us big kisses herself!
She's going to be a terrific ball player one day we've decided. We take her to the ISU Women's Basketball games and she cheers and screams so loud, but mostly for the cheerleaders, so maybe she's going to be a terrific cheerleader some day!! She claps like crazy too! If she hears anyone say "YAY!" she starts clapping and smiling!
She's decided that playing peek-a-boo in the crib is fun. She will hide and then poke her head up smiling and I'll yell peek-a-boo from my bed and she laughs and then hides again! It's too cute! She's started enjoying playing in her crib in the mornings, which is nice for me. I get up, make her a "ba", give it to her in the bed and sleep for another half hour cause she entertains herself!
She's always loved Mickey Mouse, and now dances whenever she hears the Hot Dog Song. She freaking loves them all, so that will be the theme of her birthday party next month. She dances to my cell phone too! She rocks back and forth or bounces up and down, it's great!
She's started to not like baby food so much. She even ate her very first jelly sandwich today! She can pick up her food and put it in her mouth and loves all the little treats you can get kids, the little rice letters and cheerios and yogurt bites. She makes a sticky mess of herself but she's such a good little eater! She will start getting real milk as soon as she turns one! Man how time flies!
Anyway, I know I'm missing a ton of new things that she has started doing since the last update I did, when I remember I will update again!
No comments:
Post a Comment