Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Weekend Get Away....

Jason and I decided that instead of buying birthday and Valentines gifts for each other this year, we were going to have a mini vacation away for a weekend. Nana was gracious enough to babysit the girl for 2 nights and 3 days for us while we drove down to Salt Lake City and just enjoyed a break for a few days!
I had this trip planned for about 3 weeks prior to us leaving, Thursday night through Saturday! I reserved an awesome room with a jacuzzi tub (so that I could REALLY relax) and I booked 2 tickets to a hockey game for Friday night! Turns out that Jason ended up having his first Air Force Drill that same weekend, so rather than us spending all of Saturday together, he had to leave at 5 a.m. to drive to Hill AFB in Ogden. I was going to take my car so that I could drive home, but wouldn't it figure my car broke down a few days before, so my sisters ended up coming to pick me up from the hotel! I swear we have the worst luck sometimes.
All in all, our mini vaca turned out to be awesome! We did some shopping at our favorite store in the whole world, IKEA, and ate at 2 of our most favorite restaruants, HOOTERS and a japanese steakhouse. I wish we had choices like that here in Poky! Oh well! The hockey game was fun and we saw a lot of fights! And of course the jacuzzi tub was totally worth every penny! I only have a few pics from the hockey game on my cell cause I forgot my camera and the pictures of the hotel room haven't been downloaded yet!
On Valentine's Day, I was bathing Amelia and when I was done getting her dressed for the day, Jason suprised me with my favorite flowers, even though he wasn't supposed to get me anything! It totally made my whole week! I love that man! Aren't they pretty!

No comments: