Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Summer...


Obviously if I don't have time to blog about my own kids, there is no way I have time to blog about my amazingly cute and awesome new baby niece, Summer Mackenzie.  However, since this pic can include all 3 of them, I will go ahead and post a quick blurb!

Summer joined us on December 3, 2010 at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz. and she just continues to chunk up and get cuter by the day!  At 7 weeks old that baby is already wearing 3-6 month clothes!  If only you could see the girls thighs... wow!  Andy got the fat baby I always wanted!  Amelia was a chub, but nothing like this!  She has so many rolls and I just love every single one of them!  She's so dang adorable!

Amelia has attached right onto "Baby D" as she still refers to her.  The day Summer was born, Amelia cried for the first 20 minutes after we went into the delivery room because everyone was holding the baby BUT her!  When she finally got hands on her she was happier than ever!  She would hold her all day long if she was allowed too.  She gives her hugger bugs and kisses the entire time, and even sings her songs.  She loves her new cousin, but is a little put out that Nan doesn't get to give her as much attention as before!  Kendall also loves holding the baby, and has to kiss her 4 or 5 times once a new person starts to hold her (especially if that new person is Grammie), just so she doesn't feel too left out of the cuddling.

Unfortunetly, Summer also gets the task of breaking Kendall in with the "new baby" experience, and she has taken her beatings like a champ!  Kendall tries to be gentle, but rarely accomplishes gentle!  I have no doubt she will get the hang of it by the time "baby boy" Goretsky shows up, but in the meantime Andy's rule is the Goretsky girls are not allowed around the Dixon girl... for safety reasons haha!

These 3 are shaping up to be best of friends one day...

2 comments:

Nicole and Brent Prime said...

All the girls are adorable! Tell Andy Hi and congratulations for me!

Andy said...

I may joke around that the Goretskys are not allowed near the Dixon...but I love the way your girls love my girl. These three are going to be thick as thieves one day....I can't wait!