Amelia had her 15 month doctor appointment a few weeks ago! I can't believe she will be 15 months old tomorrow! She got her booster shots that she needed and now she is done with shots until she is 2! Hooray! I hate shot days, and the days that follow!
~
She weighed in at 26 pounds and is 33 1/2 tall, at least that's what my crazy mind wants to tell me (I have the worst memory when I'm pregnant)! I do know for a fact that she is still in the 95% for her height and 75% for her weight. Just as big as an average 2 year old! We had our company summer party and one of the officers wives commented that she thought Amelia was as big as her 22 month old. Sure enough she is! Way to go Amelia!
~
Words are starting to come to her. She says "Hi" when she waves now. She can say "Amelia" in her own jumbled sort of way! She says a lot of words, a lot of times you wouldn't know what she was talking about unless you are around her a lot. She can say very clearly: "Daddy", "DOH!", "Dottie", "Dogs", "Daisy" (I never realized a lot of D words haha!), "Aja", her MOOOO is getting really good thanks to Mickey Mouse. If you ask her to say people's names she tries really hard with Grammie, Pappy, Nan, Troy, Sean and Skyler. Thank you is there and you can hear it if you listen close enough. She says Ow when she is hurt and Mommy when she cries, but she does not call me Mommy! And if you ask her where "Jenny" is she looks right at me and gives me a big grin! Lovely! Sometimes she even calls me Jenny. Good times right there, my sisters think it's hillarious!
~
She learned how to go down the stairs while we were at my Grandma A's house last Sunday. She doesn't like the whole "sit down and turn around part", but if you help her along she slides down the stairs like a pro. The only stairs I'm worried about are the 2 in our back entry, she doesn't like to go down them backwards, she wants to walk down them since there is only 2. She's going to biff it hard!
~
Trying to ween her off a bottle....what a joke! That's all I'm going to say about that!
~
She loves to take baths. In fact if you say Bath or Shower she heads right for the bathroom and hangs over the tub saying "Ba, Ba" (bath, bath). She also loves to brush her "tee" (teeth) and will scream bloody murder if you say teeth and don't let her brush. She has to brush for 5 minutes without assistance, and then Mom and help for a few. Rinse by herself 3 times then will allow mom to put it away.
~
When I tell her let's go to bed, she goes to the kitchen for her bottle, then goes to the bedroom, puts up her arms, gives me big hugger buggers and kisses, 4 or 5 then will lay down and go to bed. Once in a while I still have to rock her to sleep, I think she is afraid of the dark so I've been leaving the lamp light on for her and she doesn't fuss as much anymore. She still ends up in bed with us most days by around 4 a.m. But they are only that little once so I cherish every moment of it. I love snuggling with her!
~
That's about all I can think of for now! She is such a joy in our lives! I love that little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment