Saturday, August 8, 2009

Camping at Bear Lake...

This is late, but couln't resist posting the pictures of Amelia constantly playing in the dirt at our campsite, or the ones of her finally loving the water in the lake! Right after the 4th, our family, my mom and dad with my brothers kids, Dottie, Andy and Joel, and my Uncle Cass' family all took our annual trip to Bear Lake for a week. We camp in St. Charles canyon, and then drive to the lake. The first few days were really crappy beach days. We went the first day and then decided to head to Montpelier the next day to visit the Oregon Trail museum. The other beach days we had were great, and we all got burned and were ready to go home by Saturday! Amelia did not get burned, thank goodness, but she DOES NOT like sleeping in the tent. 2 nights in the tent and my mom finally had to take her in the trailer with her and she slept like an angel!
We sang so many songs around the camp fire, and the little kids loved it! I had to bring out the old girl's camp songs to teach them, it was so much fun!!
So long story short, but lots of pictures to tell the story I guess. Enjoy!
I lost, but so did everyone else! Cass was a machine!
This was how we shaved our legs!
Yes, I went on the boat and the life jacket did not want to go around my big belly! I screamed the entire ride pretty much, Jason was crazy when he said he would be nice!
Truck sat in the water too long and had to get towed out!
We ate the best food! Everyday someone had to cook something different! We didn't get pics of everyday, but doesn't it look delish!
The last day, packing up!

No comments: