Friday, August 14, 2009

Why I'm so Lucky!...

Jason has been in Texas for a little over 3 weeks now, and I must say that it has been a really hard separation for me. Jason lost his grandpap Ted only a few days after he arrived in TX and was unable to go to the funeral. It was hard for me not to be able to comfort him during such a hard time and it was even harder to try to comfort him over the phone. We've ended up having to pay for everything out of pocket rather than the military giving us what we need, so we are paying for him to live there and still paying our bills here and it's NOT easy by any means to get by! Not to mention I'm growing faster than I can blink, I'm tired and irritable and I just want my husband, even if it's just to yell at him and give him a big hug to say sorry!
~
Well, in 3 weeks, I've learned a lot about the people around me. They are all really quick to jump at a chance to help me! My neighbors have taken my garbage cans back to the house for me, and she even came and irrigated my yard for me the first week! The second week we almost flooded my house, so the third week she did not attempt to help me! This week she is going to teach me the ins and outs so that I can do it on my own from here!
~
My mom has gone from babysitting 3 days a week, to 5 days a week, plus picking up the slack when I have to work extra hours or go to classes. She takes care of the girl for me when I'm just too pooped to get my butt off the couch because it's 100 degrees outside! Amelia has really latched onto my mom in the last few weeks and she just takes it in stride. If she cries to be with Grammy, she lets her tag along EVERYWHERE! My mom was caring for all 4 of her grandkids for a month straight, with no real break, plus having to go take care of my grandpa and Uncle Jeff in Idaho Falls almost every other day! She's super woman!
~
When I need my cat boxes cleaned or any help around my house, my mom is the first in line to help me! In fact, if it weren't for her I'd probably forget I even had cats to take care of! She waters my dead flowers and lawn and is one of the greatest women in the whole world! She is on vacation this week and I'm just glad that she has cell service so that I can talk to her whenever I want!
~
My dad has had a lot of vacation he's had to use, and he's come quite fond of Amelia playing outside with him all the time. I get mad at him a lot for bossing me around, but I know that he just tells me to let her do things cause she can and he knows she loves it! He is her new favorite dance partner!
~
Joel comes over and mows my lawn. My brother Troy was going to do it, but Joel gets to it before him every time it seems! I ask him how much I owe him and he says, just remember when I'm gone that Andy will need the sidewalks shoveled :) I had a feeling he was taking care of me so that Jason will take care of Andy while he's gone! He's a sweetheart and I'm sure Jason is the one he can depend on for anything!
~
Yesterday, Amelia and I went over to my mom's to pick up my sisters and Joel to head to I.F. so they could take some engagement pictures by the river. While we were getting ready to head out the door, Dottie and Andy both came up to me with this little bag and inside was a gift certificate! Just out of NO WHERE my sisters went and bought me a "pregnant massage" at this new place in Poky! I have never in my life had any sort of professional massage, and I'm so excited to get it, especially since my back is killing me! I couldn't ask for better sisters! Andy is my backup baby sitter when my mom can't be here, and she does such a great job! Most times, Amelia would rather play with Nan than Mommy, but those are the perks of being the aunt! Dottie picks up where Andy can't finish, even changes a butt or two and wipes a dirty face! They are like a well oiled machine! Thank you guys!
~
I will never know the motivation for such acts of kindness, but it touches my heart so deeply! I feel so blessed to have a family that takes care of one another when they need it the most! I hope that one day I will be able to repay you all with the same love and kind acts that you have shown and done for me! I love you guys!

1 comment:

Grafulas said...

This is a sweet post. I usually don't feel grateful to other people when I'm having a hard time--ach, guilt! :)