Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Medal of Honor.....

The first living soldier since Vietnam to be awarded the Medal of Honor, Salvatore Giunta. 
WOW...
the only word that comes to mind for me.

How would it be, at the age of 25, to say, "I have the Medal of Honor."  No.  What he said was, "I did what I did because that's what I was trained to do.  I didn't run through fire to do anything heroic or brave. I did what I believe anyone would have done."

Please, if you have a chance, read his story.  He stopped 2 Taliban fighters from carrying off one of his fellow soldiers, who, sadly, died of his wounds hours later.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/10/AR2010091002712.html?wprss=rss_world

1 comment:

Andy said...

All the top brass of the military will have to salute him before he salutes them now because he holds that medal. Even the President will have to salute him first, I believe. Very awesome story too.