with the absence of another adult in the house, time to find a shower has become a challenge for me. on a rare occasion, Amelia will be so sound asleep that i can take a long enough shower that i actaully get to shave my legs! however, in most cases i have to wait for her to be absorbed into an episode of elmo's world, sneak downstairs, get a quick wash in, then sneak back upstairs.... in less than 10 minutes... 7 times out of 10 she realizes that i have gone to take a shower and will come down and insist on talking to me while i finish washing. of course, then she must watch me as i dry and get dressed.... and help me brush my hair...
so yesterday, i was just done drying when i heard her run through the kitchen to start heading down to find me. we went about our routine and i told her that as soon as my hair was brushed she was going back to bed... i got her all tucked back in and went to my room and was just starting up my laptop when in comes Amelia. this child, like any 2 year old i'm sure, will find any excuse she can to get out of bed to come and talk to me... this is how the conversation went...
Amelia: Mommy, I smelled myself and I stinky.
Me: Really. Do you think you need a shower?
Amelia: Yes, but you not stinky anymore. Grammie is stinky and I stinky so I need to shower with Grammie.
Me: (laughing) Well maybe you and skinky Grammie can take a shower together tomorrow!
Amelia: Yeah. One day, when I get big, I can stand in the shower all by myself and shave my bod, and shave my pits, and wash all by myself, like you mommy. When I'm bigger, I can go to counseling! (huge grin on her face!)
Me: (hysterically laughing now) Oh Amelia, I sure hope you don't need counseling when you get bigger! Now go back to bed!
Amelia: Mommy, will you come sing to me?
Me: (heart melted)
Side note: my nephews and niece go to counseling every week, thus the reason Amelia thinks it's a thing that big kids get to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment