Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

March 21st was an exciting day for us this year! Our baby girl turned ONE!! I can't believe how fast she has grown up, it's amazing to me! Seems like just yesterday that epidural was wearing off and I pushed that girl out into the big world in tons of pain!! And now look at her! She's walking around, talking like she is actually saying words and making messes everywhere she turns! We have been so blessed to have her in our lives, we are certainly proud mommy and daddy!
Jason's parents and grandma Julie were able to fly in for the event, which we were so grateful to have them stay in our new home for 5 days and visit! We even got dad and gram a day longer due to her having to visit the hospital with a nasty bug! Wish their trip could have been more delightful, but didn't work out that way! They spent a lot of time playing with Amelia and spoiling her rotten (like she could be any more rotten!!) She enjoyed it!
Jason's grandma and my grandma!
On her birthday we made our way to Idaho Falls to a fun resturant called Leo's Place. It's a pizza joint with a big play room and arcade. It was lots of fun! I had a Minnie Mouse theme, with this giant Minnie Mouse balloon that I bought off the internet! She loved it! Naunt Nan took Amelia down the slide for the first time in the playroom, don't know how much she liked it really! Most my family came out to the event plus some! My little cousins Abby and Matt were the only other kids there, but that's enough for Amelia! She loves being around kids and pretty much just hugs and kisses on them the whole time! I think she needs more play time with other kids!!
She was spoiled rotten with enough clothes to last for the rest of the summer and a swimming suit for every day of the week! Good thing she loves to swim! She got a big red wagon, the movie Madagasgar 2 (that Nan knew she wanted really really bad to watch with me!!), some new bath toys, building blocks, few other toys, lots and lots of books because she loves to read, FUNNY STORY...as soon as we pulled the books down she layed on my lap and wanted me to read them to her hahaha!!!
and of course Aunt Dot got her peanut butter and honey to eat now that she's one (punk!) with a nice homemade book for bedtime, and we got her some beach stuff for the summers at Bear Lake! She got so many presents, I can't remember them all! Everyone was so generous!
The best part of the day for me was when we were singing "Happy Birthday" she was in the middle of the room in a high chair and looking a little scared that all these people were singing at her,
until we said "happy birthday dear Amelia" she got the biggest smile on her face and clasped her hands together because she realized it was special for her!! It was so cute!
When it was time for cupcakes, she lifted the huge cupcake I made for her right up and planted it right in her face! There was frosting coming out of one nostril and everything! It was cuter than hell! She was a mess, and it was grand! Jason and I have the greatest families that anyone could ask for! They spoil us all and we love them!
All the pics are from Andy's camera, I will upload more when I get my camera downloaded!! Thanks NAN!!!
Amelia had her one year check up a few days after her birthday. She got her one year shots, owwy!! I hate when she gets shots cause I hate that cry, but she calms down really fast so that's good. She weighed 22 lbs 4 oz and is 31 1/2 inches long! Holy crap!! Doc said that she is as tall as an average 2 year old in the 95% of her height and to get out the basketball! She is only 75% of her weight now, which she used to be in the 95%. Guess all that walking has helped slim her chubber butt down!!
She is still keeping grammie super busy while Jason and I work. She loves to pick on the cats and has felt their wrath more than once after pulling some hair! She's loves to empty the canned food cupboard and carry around cans of tuna and tomato paste! She also loves to throw them on the floor and your toes! Playing in the dog's water dish is quite a fun experience for her as well and it must taste good! Bleh! She is learning what sounds that animal's make and it's been fun to teach her! She's just a busy busy girl all the time! And that's our update for now!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh I wish I could have been there!!! She is so stinking cute!!!!