Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July...favorite or disaster?

I don't know when the 4h of July started being my favorite holiday, but it is! I've never really been able to go "all out" for a party and such, mostly because I'm working (like right now), but one day I will be known for the wildest 4th of July parties known to man! I guess the reason it's such a great holiday is because in a small way I have contributed to the freedoms that this country enjoys day after day, and that's a very proud feeling for me! I'm ever so proud of my service and Jason's and of course every other person that has ever served in the Armed Forces! Now that I think about it, the past few years something crazy always happens to me (my family) on the 4th: 2006 - in Washington D.C. - got caught in the most hellacious rain/wind storm after visiting the Lincoln Memorial. As my mom, dad and I huddled behind some porta potties (that tipped over later), Andy, Jason, Dottie and Troy all took cover inside porta potties about 300 yards from us. We were soaked when we were finally able to get into the Red Cross Tent. To top that off, the fireworks were not as impressive as I thought they would be in that big of a city, and we were chaffed and cold and blisters from walking around wet all day long! 2007 - in Fort Belvoir, VA - Jason had to work so Andy and I headed to Fort Belvoir for the show. We got the perfect seats, almost directly under the show, and as we were getting our chairs out of the back, the fireworks started, scared the holy living heck out of my dog Shadow and he slipped his collar and ran away! We spent the entire display running after the dog, who we didn't find until 14 hours later, thank goodness! We learned our lesson on taking animals to fireworks! 2008 - Idaho Falls, ID - had an awesome BBQ at my Uncle Cass' house, lit off some fireworks with his neighbors and then went and parked to see the display from about 5 miles away. When we were getting ready to leave, BOTH of my headlights on my car burned out!!! I had to drive all the way home to Poky with my brights on, I felt so bad! 2009 - WHO KNOWS WHAT THIS YEAR WILL BRING! Happy 4th of July, the few that read this blog! And God Bless America and our soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines in uniform!!

1 comment:

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

I hope this 4th of July will be better than ever!!! Love ya!!! And thank you for all that you do for our freedom!!!