Sunday, October 18, 2009

100th post....

My apologies for not posting any new posts for almost all of September! I didn't realize I was slacking so horribly! I could blame it on the pressure to have an awesome 100th post, but really I've been super busy with things that I haven't had time for anything "me"!
~
I can't believe that I've blogged 100 times! Pretty crazy to me! I never wanted to be a blogger, but I have fallen in love with it! I especially enjoy reading my old posts to see how much my little baby has grown into my pretty girl! She got big so fast and it's great to be able to remember the things she's done growing up!
~
So what have we been doing the past month and a half you ask!?! Well, here's the scoop!
~
My little sissy got married on the 10th of October! I helped my mom and her as much as a could with everything they needed. We took a "girls trip" to Boise to get the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. We were taking trips to Idaho Falls pretty much every week to look for the perfect outfits for the men to wear, and boy was it a stressful adventure most the time! I thought for sure one of them would be dead by the time the wedding came, but they managed to pull it off and get through the stress! Thank goodness it's over! I baked 11 pies for the wedding, that was my big job! We enjoyed pie for a good week after with all the leftovers, but I do love me some pumpkin pie! We have some pics from the wedding, but I will wait to post the ones that the actual photographer took!
~
Jason got back from Texas on the 26th of September. I actually met up with him in Odgen, UT, as he had some administrative stuff to take care of before he could come all the way home. My mom was gracious enough to take Amelia for the night again and we got a hotel room that was awesome! I bathed once and showered twice in this humongous bath that we had! I loved it, and needed the relaxation! We were SOOO nervous about the way Amelia was going to react when Jason got back home, but it turned out that she missed her Daddy something terrible! She ran right to him and gave him the biggest hugs and kisses and just held onto him smiling! She smiled for the rest of the day and kept patting him on the shoulders! She was so excited and it was the best reaction that we could have asked for! I know that Jason loved it!
~
We finally dug out all the baby stuff to get it ready for the new baby. I didn't realize how much stuff we actually had! We are set for life for girls that's for sure! My mom and I got all the clothes washed and folded, just need to organize her drawer. We moved all of Amelia's clothes from the middle drawer to the bottom drawer and put all the stuff that doesn't fit her away. We got all the bottles and nursing pads, swings, basinett, car seats, you name it and it's ready!
~
I forgot to mention how sick poor Amelia got in August/September! She had diarrhea for about 2 weeks, and I'm not talking chunky diarrhea, I mean the runny watery kind. It was pretty disgusting! I had called the doctor after about a week and they said to just let it run it's course basically. Well after another week it wasn't clearing up so we took her in. She had been running a fever of about 102 and she had all milk that was caked on her tongue so Grammie though she might have thrush or a yeast infection. Well the doc said she was fine, probably had some sort of virus that couldn't be treated, but ran a stool sample for Giardia (lovingly known as beaver fever). Well the very next day, I was at work and I got a phone call that I needed to come home, Amelia had been crying for a straight hour and she had all these sores in her mouth. We took her to the urgent care and they told us, nothing was wrong with her, probably some virus!! WHAT!!! The girl couldn't eat anything because she had probably 15 canker sores in her mouth, all over her tongue and the sides of her cheeks, her gums were so red and swollen. I felt so terrible for her.
~
So we got the results back and turns out she had Giardia. That explains the diarrhea, but not all the sores in her mouth. There was no medicine she could take for the sores, so she was on a Tylonol/Motrin combo for 3 days to keep the pain to a minimum. She ate a ton of popsicles and drank a lot of Pedialyte and milk. She got an antibiotic for the Giardia and the diarrhea cleared up for the most part. It was def a week from hell! I was glad to have my little oinker back and well again!
~
Which leads me into our next adventure!! While she was sick I was allowing her to sleep in my bed with me... why not right since I was in this big king bed all alone, plus who doesn't love cuddling with their little girl all night.. I know I do! I had tried to get her to sleep in her own bed when she got better, but she would scream her head off like she was scared. Turns out she was afraid of the shadows being cast from the night light we have in the room! My mom finally convinced me to make her sleep in her own bed and a week ago helped to start our routine of getting Amelia to sleep in her own bed! Had to turn off the night light and let the light from the bathroom come into the bedroom. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. She doesn't cry as much as I expected and has been sleeping in her bed all night! Thanks mom! You are a life saver, I needed that extra space all of a sudden with this ginormous belly of mine!
~
Well that's our update that I can think of right this second! I have more posts obviously to put pictures up!

No comments: