Webster's New Dictionary's definition of a "Mother" is: 1. a female parent 2. the superior of a religious community of women
I'm not going to lie, I was highly disappointed when I read this!! I thought it would be something 100 times more spectacular sounding than that! So I did the only thing that made sense and I looked up the definition of "Parent": 1. one that begets or brings forth offspring 2. one who brings up and cares for another
Now honestly, had I never known what a parent or mother was, I would not have the slightest clue of what either really means! Mother's are so much more than that, and I know you can't have a novel for a definition in the dictionary, but still! Webster you need to get some more material!!
I don't really need to say that I love being a mom, but since it's Mother's Day I said it! I don't think that I've ever loved anyone as much as I love Amelia! She is such a joy in my life and has brought me and Jason closer than ever. After a long day, I look forward to her being excited to see me when I walk in the door after a long day at work! I love getting kisses, no matter how slobbery and wet they are! Watching her sleep next to me in the bed after a long night of waking up and crying is so peaceful and makes losing sleep all worth it! When she cries in pain, I feel her pain and want to cry with her (sometimes I do)! There is no better feeling than that little girl falling asleep in my arms, or on my shoulder and just having her so close to me! Through all the fit throwing and monster attitude, that little smile and laugh makes me forget all the rough spots and just enjoy her happiness! I could go on and on, but I'm feeling a bit teary eyed so I better stop! I just want to say how much I love being a mom, and can't wait to see how raising 2 babies is going to change our lives, good and bad!
For Paula. I've never thought that Mother-In-Laws get much credit on Mother's Day. I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for you and for raising such a stong and wonderful son. He has turned into one of the greatest dad's that a little girl could ask for and I know it never would have happened had you not been such a great mother to him! I'm even more thankful that you have allowed me to be his wife and to be the one to take care of him from here on out! I'm sure it's been tough to let him move so far away, and I know it's extremely hard for him as well, but you are so strong and have been nothing but supportive to us! Thank you so much for all that you do, even the little things like a phone call to see how he is. It means a lot. I also wanted to thank you for being so kind to me! I've always felt like part of your family and you've always welcomed me into your home with a smile and hug! I'm grateful for your kindness and love. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
For Mom. I really don't know where to begin. I know everyone says I'm just like you. I'm sure they are talking about the attitude and dominant sort of presense that you have at times, but I hope that they mean the good things too! You have been there for me through the really bad times and the even worse times! You always seem to know the right words to say to lift me up and help me move on from the bad, and for that I am so thankful! I don't know any woman that is stronger than you. Your life has been a crazy roller coaster for the past 2 years and I don't know that I would still be getting along like you are if I were in your shoes. I've tried to return the favor, just being there as a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to, someone just to listen, but I don't think I will ever be as great as you are to me! You do more for my family than I could ever have imagined that you would. I'm confident that when I leave for work every morning that my baby girl is well cared for, and couldn't be with a better person to help raise her because, well, you raised me and I think I turned out pretty good! I'm grateful to be able to leave her there with you, knowing that you will be teaching her and doing all the things that I would love to be doing as a stay at home mom, but just can't, so who better than Grammie! Thank you for that! I hope you never get sick of it! I hope you know that I will always be here for you, like you are for me. I can't say enough how much I love you! You are one of my heros and I love you dearly Mom! Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment