I had my 12 week check up on Friday and the doc says everything looks good so far! I've lost about 5 pounds in the last month (10 according to my scale), thanks to not wanting to eat food and being severely sick some mornings! But, hopefully that's starting to go away a little and I can start making brownies every other week again! We got to hear the heartbeat at this appt. and it was super slow (compared to Amelia's when she was in my tummy)...everyone already thinks it's a boy cause I was never sick with the girl, SORRY PAULA!! I will go in for another tummy check in 4 weeks, then 4 weeks after that we will get to find out for sure what we are having! HOORAY!
I've been trying to teach Amelia that there is a baby in MomMom's tummy. If I ask where her belly is she rubs hers and once in while she will point to mine when I ask her where my belly is, she's getting the hang of it I hope. Everyone is pretty good about working with her on it.
Grammie taught her how to say HOO HOO, like an Owl last week and she has memorized a part of The Lion King book and can say ROAR right at the right moment! I started dancing with her to the Dirty Dancing song (I had the time of my life, you know the one at the end) and apparently while I was at work one day Nan taught her how to do the moves without any prompting from the adult. I'll have to record it and post it! Her dance moves are getting pretty interesting lately, but it's super cute! She can't help but dance anytime she hears a beat!
I forgot to mention in that last update blog that she was getting 8 teeth all at once. 4 of the teeth have actually come through, and now we are just waiting for 2 more molars and her bottom "I" teeth to make their way into her mouth! And you thought her bite was vicious before! YIKES!!
1 comment:
I'm not looking forward to teeth, but luckily Geryn isn't close (so says the doctor anyway). I lost 20lbs during my first four months of pregnancy, and then I gained sixty afterwards so I guess it didn't matter... It sounds like fun trying to prep baby 1 for baby 2 though :)
Post a Comment